I'm excited to have partnered with Nugo Fiber d'Lish to host a recipe contest. Follow along on Instagram, as a few talented dietitians and recipe developers share their original vegan recipes using Nugo Fiber d'lish granola bars.
*Disclaimer: I was compensated for hosting this recipe contest and did receive product to create a recipe. However, all opinions are my own and I never work with or talk about a product I wouldn't recommend.
While I'm known to drool as I scroll through fancy food blogs, when it comes to cooking, I tend to keep it pretty simple. Usually, if the recipe has too many ingredients, anything weird, or takes more than an hour, I'm pretty quick to X out. This isn't to say always, because I do love to cook when I make the time for it (priorities right?).
Lately, my weekday mornings have been rather tight on time, so I've been relying on my usual oatmeal (I love Seven Sundays Muesli and Nature's Path Organic Oatmeal Cups). But, believe it or not, day after day, week after week, (it's probably been months) it's starting to get a little old.
So... the other day I remembered chia pudding and have added it into the breakfast rotation. I love chia pudding because not only is it super filling (hello protein and fiber!) but you can flavor it however you want - chocolate, berries, turmeric, you name it. The typical ratio is 1 cup liquid to 3 Tbsp chia seeds.
Personally, I really like the Nugo Fiber d'lish granola bars. They're soft in texture and a good source of fiber and whole grains. If you toss them in the oven they get nice and crunchy like granola and are the perfect topper to your morning chia pudding.
The recipe below will take no more than 15 minutes. Prep it the night before and you'll have breakfast for the next day (or two).
2 medium, ripe bananas
1.5 cups soy milk (or milk of your choice)
2.5 tsp cinnamon (I also tried it with homemade chai spice!)
1/4 tsp pure vanilla extract
6 Tbsp chia seeds
1 Nugo Fiber d'Lish bar, Cinnamon Raisin Flavor (my personal favorite)
1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. Crumble your Nugo Fiber d'Lish bar onto a baking sheet into small bite size pieces.
3. Bake the granola for about 15 minutes until it begins to look toasty. It will feel soft when you first take it out of the oven, but as it cools it will become crunchy.
4. While the granola toasts, blend all ingredients (except the granola bar) in your blender until combined.
5. Divide the mixture evenly between two mason jars (a little over 1 cup in each).
6. Add 3 Tbsp of chia seeds into each jar. Close the jar and shake to distribute the chia seeds. If the chia seeds stick to the sides or lid, use a spoon to scrape them down and mix together. Let sit for ~5 minutes to allow the chia seeds to absorb the liquid and become a pudding like consistency.
7. When the pudding is set and granola is toasted, sprinkle the granola on your pudding. Top with bananas, or other fruit if you'd like - Enjoy!