A simple recipe for healthier, egg-less, raw, vegan, cookie dough
Even my meat-loving boyfriend approved of these! They're super easy to make with ingredients you likely already have on hand. Serve with a side salad & sweet potato fries, buns, ketchup, & mustard or top with avocado and put it on a salad. I usually make extras to freeze and save for lunches throughout the week.
2, 15oz cans of black beans, drained & rinsed
1 cup Old Fashioned oats
1 cup mushrooms & onions, finely chopped & sauteed (~ 1/2 an onion & 4oz white mushrooms)
1 tsp cumin
a dash each of salt & pepper
1. Preheat oven to 350 F and lightly grease a baking sheet or line with parchment paper or a silpat mat (my fave!)
2. Dump your (drained & rinsed) black beans into a medium sized mixing bowl and mash with a fork or potato masher, leaving a few chunks for texture. Set aside.
3. Saute your mushrooms in onion in a saute pan over medium heat until onions are translucent and mushrooms are tender.*
4. Add all ingredients to the black beans. Mix with your hands and form into ~8 burger patties.
5. Place patties onto prepared baking sheet.
6. Bake at 350 for 20 minutes.
7. When the burgers have finished baking, finish them on the stove to crisp up the edges. Heat a splash of olive oil in a saute pan. Place a few burgers on the pan and fry for 1 minute on each side or until golden brown.
8. Serve with ketchup and mustard!
*Note: I sauteed a whole yellow onion and 8oz container of white mushrooms, then scooped out 1 cup from this batch. I used the leftover onions & mushrooms in eggs - but you could also use them on avocado toast, salads, in wraps, etc.