I tested out these awesome little energy bites last night as part of the Food & Nutrition Magazine Test Kitchen. They were super easy to make (just throw everything in a food processor) and they taste great too!
These bites are loaded with protein, leaving you full and satisfied until your next meal. Can you believe there's yogurt in them! I love using yogurt in different ways. Siggi's is my fave because they're high in protein and lower in sugar. I love the consistency of the Icelandic style skyr too. These snack bites can be frozen or stored in the fridge for an easy grab-and-go snack (they would be great to refuel after a workout!). A 1-oz ball has 280 calories, so I played around with different sizes for different appetites. I think I like the mini ones best.
Try them out and let me know what you think!
Recipe from Food & Nutrition Mag
Total Time: 20 minutes
Yield: 18 bites
- 1/4 cup siggi’s Vanilla 0% Yogurt
- 1 cup Medjool Dates, chopped (about 12 to 13 large dates)
- 1 cup raw cashews (next time I may try with walnuts or peanuts)
- 1/4 cup hemp seeds, hulled
- 1/4 cup chia seeds
- 1/2 cup almond meal
- 1/4 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1/2 cup shredded unsweetened coconut plus more for rolling
- Combine all ingredients in a food processor and blend to desired consistency. We like keeping the pieces larger for a crunchier ball.
- When desired consistency is reached, form 1-ounce balls then roll in the shredded coconut to coat.
- Store in the refrigerator and enjoy as a quick snack!