(*disclaimer: there are some affiliate links below and I do work with Manitoba Milling Co., but I only recommend brands I like and use myself)
1 cup natural peanut butter (crunchy or creamy will both work, I like Adam's brand)
1/4 cup real maple syrup (or honey)
1/2 cup ground flax (I highly recommend Manitoba Milling Co. Smooth Milled Flaxseed - use code 25Manitoba for 25% off)
3/4 cup dark chocolate chips, chunks, or morsels
1 tsp coconut oil
1. Combine peanut butter, maple syrup, and flax in a mixing bowl bowl and mix with a spoon.
2. Roll the peanut butter mixture into small quarter sized balls (or whatever size you like) place on a plate or baking sheet.
3. Put the plate or baking sheet in the freezer for 10 minutes or so to allow the peanut butter balls to slightly harden.
4. In a small microwave safe bowl, combine the chocolate and coconut oil. Microwave for 30 second intervals, mixing in between until fully melted.
5. Remove the peanut butter balls from the freezer. Dip each ball in the melted chocolate to cover. Use two spoons, if it helps, to fully cover the peanut butter balls.
6. Store in the fridge or freezer and enjoy!