These Egg Muffin Cups are the perfect make ahead breakfast to keep on hand for busy, on-the-go mornings. Pair a few muffins with a side of fruit or avocado toast for a balanced meal.
This recipe video is part of the #letsberealmeals Instagram hashtag project, sharing simple, realistic, and healthy recipes that have less than 10 ingredients and take less than 30 minutes to make. Follow along here.
Makes 1 Dozen Egg Muffin Cups
1 dozen eggs
1/2 cup milk of choice
1 1/2 cups veggies, diced (anything you have on hand will work - kale, spinach, tomatoes, broccoli, peppers, mushrooms, etc.)
1/4 cup cheese (optional or use whatever is in your fridge - I've used parmesan, mozzarella, & cheddar)
1 tsp baking powder (optional, but it makes them puff up nicely)
1/4 tsp pepper
1/4 tsp salt
1. Preheat oven to 350 F and grease a muffin tin.
2. Crack the eggs into a large mixing bowl. Whisk until combined.
3. Add the milk, veggies, cheese, baking powder, salt & pepper, and mix to combine.
4. Divide the egg mixture evenly into your greased muffin tin. 1/3 cup measuring cup works great to scoop and pour.
5. Top the muffins with another sprinkle of cheese.
6. Place on the center rack of the oven and bake at 350 for 22 minutes or until the eggs are set and slightly golden.
7. Serve immediately or allow to cool and store in the fridge or freezer or an easy grab and go option. Enjoy!