While the frozen oatmeal squares may not be the prettiest picture, it says nothing about their taste. Baked oatmeal is easy to prep ahead and it tastes amazing too! This warm winter breakfast is perfect to serve to a crowd or slice and save for easy breakfasts throughout the week. You can store it in the fridge or freezer and microwave when you're ready. I like to top mine with greek yogurt or a peanut butter drizzle.
2 cups old-fashioned oats
1 1/2 cups soy milk (or milk of your choice)
1 tsp baking powder
1 egg (or flax or chia egg*)
2 medium sized apples, any kind, chopped (leave the skin on for added fiber)
1/2 cup of cranberries (I used fresh, but frozen or dried will work too)
cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger, other other spices to taste
1. Preheat oven to 450 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. Lightly grease a 9x9 baking dish or line with parchment paper.
3. Mix all ingredients in a large mixing bowl.
4. Spread the mixture in the baking dish and bake for about 30-40 minutes, until golden brown.
5. Top with yogurt, a drizzle of peanut butter, or berries to serve. Enjoy!
*To make a flax or chia egg, combine:
1 Tbsp ground flax meal OR 1 Tbsp chia seeds + 3 Tbsp water
allow to sit for about 3 minutes, it will become thick and gooey like an egg white and has the same binding properties