Not the prettiest picture, I know, but it says nothing about their taste! They're seriously amazing and so easy to prep ahead keep on hand. This warm winter breakfast is perfect to serve to a crowd or slice and save for easy breakfasts throughout the week. I made this the other day and have been eating it for breakfast all week. I baked it in a 9x9 baking dish, then sliced it into squares, put some in a pyrex in the fridge, and threw some in the freezer to save for later. This morning I tossed one in the microwave, added some toppings (peanut butter- always.), and brought it with me for an easy breakfast on the go.
2 cups oats
1 1/2 cups milk of choice
1 tsp baking powder
1 egg (or flax or chia egg*)
~2 apples, any kind, chopped (leave the skin on for fiber!)
1 handful of cranberries
cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger, other other spices to taste
1. Preheat oven to 450 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. Lightly grease a 9x9 baking dish or line with parchment paper.
3. Mix all ingredients in a large mixing bowl.
4. Spread the mixture in the baking dish and bake for about 30-40 minutes, until golden brown.
5. Top with milk, yogurt, a drizzle of peanut butter, or berries to serve. Enjoy!
*To make a flax or chia egg, combine:
1 Tbsp ground flax meal OR 1 Tbsp chia seeds + 3 Tbsp water
allow to sit for 3 minutes or so, it will become thick and gooey like an egg white and has the same binding properties